How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

The local council applied to the court of protection

Customer Question

The local council applied to the court of protection for my mom in 2005. She dies the same year. I am my mothers excecutor on her witnessed Will. The council paid out a figure they say was my moms assests but refuse to let's me see any of the paperwork concerned. Can they do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My e mail is***@******.***
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.As Executor of the Will (NOT as your mother's son) you are indeed entitled to see the paperwork and I suggest that you write a formal letter requesting it and copy it to the council's legal departmentI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Clare, I am my mother's daughter but also named as executor
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
My apologies - son or daughter being the Executor is what counts!