How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If the co-owner of the property wants to buy out my share

This answer was rated:

if the co-owner of the property wants to buy out my share and we agree a price, what is the process and do i need a solicitor to conveyance the property?
Hi, thanks for your question.
You do not necessarily need a solicitor to deal with this, but if there is a mortgage in place the mortgage provider may request for a solicitor to deal with the transfer. Also, if there is a mortgage in place you need to check that they will agree for you to come off the mortgage.
Otherwise, the transfer can be done fairly straightforward and there are various forms to complete the main of which is the TR1. The process to do this is here:
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you