How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am currently paying council tax assingle occupancy. I have

This answer was rated:

I am currently paying council tax assingle occupancy. I have a friend who keeps her own property some distance away and has nothing registered to my property. We enjoy holidays, and trips out together as pensioners. She stays at mine on occasions and me at hers.. We are both being harressed by respectivecouncils as someone said we were living together. Could you tellme what are theactual rules and tolerances please.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Does she stay over more than 3 nights a week?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes she stays up to a week. I have a house abroad and we go there for longer periods. She can stay away for up to 13 weeks without affecting her reduction I believe.
Does the person stay for more than 13 weeks a year please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never. She comes and goes as she has medical issues and has to return to her doctors and physio etc. Also has old dog and vets are where she lives
Do you have a number we can chat on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
07710 207591
Ok. I am just boarding a flight to may have to call you later today or tomorrow if that's ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's fine