How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I allowed a director of a med sized building company the use

Customer Question

I allowed a director of a med sized building company the use of a vacant yard to store materials when working on a nearby site.
I never had his direct number and found it necessary to leave messages at an estate agent they owned.
The messages were from nearby residents to my yard who were concerned that the gates were regularly left open and they, and I had concern about travellers who might park caravans on the land, which eventually happened.
He returned one call and assured me it wouldn't happen again, but sadly it did.
When I found out about the travellers being on the site I called him and knowing they were on the site asked me what I was going to do about MY PROBLEM and claimed as he had locked the gates it was not his concern.
As the so called materials turned out to be rubble and oversight which is still there deposited by self employed workers on his project I knew he was not locking the gates after dumping the rubble and he was simply covering himself.
I was giving him the yard rent free and eighteen months later its still there.
I had to get a court order to remove the travellers £1750 and the site is a mess, with both parties mess.
The travellers claim the gates were not locked in their defence statement.
My question can I successfully take the builder to court to get him to remove his rubble, and recover costs for clearing the site and evicting the travellers, as in my opinion he was in charge of the property as keyholder?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Yes you can, he is causing a nuisance and in effect you are his landlord and you can get a court order to make him clear if us.
This is causing a clear nuisance. Can j clarffy anything for you about this today please?