How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife...

This answer was rated:

My wife attened an art course at the local college. The tutor priased her efforts and encoured her to have personal one to one sesions. He took advantage of the situation and engaged in a sexual relationship with her to the point that she was convinced she had found the love of her life. She confessed the afair to me and ws so sure about their feelings she left and moved in with the tutor. He dumped her within the month. The marriage is over. Divorce proceeding have been issued and my retiremnt fund is likely to be depleted by £300,000 as a result of the affair started by the tutor.
I understand my wife is not the first victim of this person and I would like to take action against the college as I believe my wife as a student was in a vulnerable position and there was a breach of trust by the tutor in his role as a representative of the college.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am sorry but you cannot.
Come what may, she is an adult. She is free to consent and able to do so. There is just plain no claim arising.
I understand how you must feel about this but the fault lies with her not with him. Don't make excuses for her. She is to blame.
I'm very sorry but your current position is the fault of your wife not her lover and he is just plain not liable.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you