How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6467
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

On the gov website it states under enforcement: It's worth

This answer was rated:

on the gov website it states under enforcement:
It’s worth working out what the person or business can afford to pay.
If the money is owed by a business, you can ask for an officer from the company to attend court, to give details of its accounts.
You can then decide on what you need to do to get your money.
BUT can i do this first as in before pursuing my case in court? if the company cant afford to pay there is no point in me incurring costs
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You cannot take enforcement action before raising a claim. This comes after the claim is successful. If it is a company you are claiming against you can look at their accounts on the Company House website to see if they are in any financial difficulty before lodging the claim. Is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Thanks for your quick response.

What i really need is some guidance on making a small money claim.

Is that something you could help me with?

What is the value of the claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a little over £5000 (£5434) though i wonder if i should just claim £5000 as the fee is much lower £185 rather than £410

Ok what exactly would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took advice on here previously, back in September, so i believe i have a good case. I was advised that i had to wait until the end of the contract term before proceeding with any action. The term expired on 22/12/15.

In the first instances i really want a second opinion on the merits of my case before i commit time and money to pursuing it. Then to pursue a claim - help in presenting my case using the online or written procedure

Ok have you sent them a letter before action to say you will take action against them if they do not repay you the amount you are claiming?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, i guessed i should inform them. is there a template for this?

No there isn't a template but what you need to do is to write to them setting out what you are claiming and why and saying that if they do not refund you within 14 days you will issue a claim against them.You then can lodge the claim at
Hello Craig is there anything further you would like to know? If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise paid for answering your question. Thank you and all the best with your claim.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your quick responses.

No problem, thank you for your rating!