How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I had an accident 8 years ago it was a non fault accident and

This answer was rated:

I had an accident 8 years ago it was a non fault accident and my car was written off and taken away from the garage without my knowledge. Because I was new to this country and I didn't speak English I didn't know what to do so I stopped the direct debit to the finance company because the car was on finance. Now after 8 years I got a letter from some solicitors saying that I have 2 weeks to defend myself but I still didn't know how to do it and now I have the court order which says that I have to pay in instalments. Is there a way that I can appeal?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. The paperwork you have received - is it a County Court Judgment? Are you able to scan and attach it to me perhaps?
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is a county court
Please ther your telephone number in the 'private info box'
Sorry. Please enter your telephone number in the private info box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.