How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

HelloI am 72 year old and still working. My partner was ill

Customer Question

I am 72 year old and still working. My partner was ill and did not work for 3.5 year I therefore have debt in the £70,000 range. the debts are in my name. I own half of the
house which has equity of around £200,000 ( my half being £100,000) .
I would like to take a small part of my pension in cash - I would like 13,000 for a dentist,
buy a used car and have some cash. If the cash is deposited in my account (1) will my
creditors know I have received the funds (2) can they simply take the money from my
account ?
I hope this is sufficiently explained.
thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Hello Peter - my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You mention creditors - does that mean you are subject to court proceedings / bankruptcy?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Good evening - do you still require assistance with this matter?