How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10949
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Good afternoon, I need some advice before I want to apply

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
I need some advice before I want to apply for Permanent Residence.
Many thanks,
Marianna Broughton
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my skype name is maryanna5800
What I need to know is how can I apply for Permanent Residence Card if I'm an EEA member, because as I know from November 2015 I have to have the PR Card if I want to apply for British Citizenship
1. Dear *****nna, can you provide more detail. How long have you been living in the UK? Have you had any absences from the UK in excess of 180 days during this period? What is your nationality of origin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been living in the UK from 21st of September 2010, I have registered with Workers Register Scheme, my WRS Card issued on 19th of December 2010, I work continuously from 18th of November 2010. I was abroad 25 days each year (for holidays only). I can provide all P60 and P45. I come from Hungary and I married to a British Citizen (he was born in the UK and he is a resident in the UK from his born).
2. Dear *****nna, you can apply directly for UK citizenship based on your marriage for three years to a British citizen and three years residing in the UK WHILST being married. This is a much quicker and better route to citizenship for you as it avoids having to spend a year between settlement (on the basis of five years residence) and your citizenship application (one year after Indefinite Leave to Remain). So you should go straight to applying for citizenship based on your marriage to a UK citizen and being in the UK FOR those three years. You will also qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain and citizenship based on you having lived for five years in the UK. bUT THEN you will have to wait one further year before you can make your citizenship application.
3. Please RATE the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to choose the 5+1 year (we got married on the 5th of July 2014) but my question is when I apply for the Permanent Residence how can I apply for the Permanent Residence Card because I have to have this card for 1 year before I apply for the British Citizenship (as the new requirement from November 2015). On the form "Application for Permanent Residence" I can't see possibility to apply for PR Card for EEA members.
4. Here is a link to applying for permanent residence card. You become entitled to one once you have been six months in the UK as an eea national