Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only

We booked a cruise in november 2015 to go to the caribbean

we booked a cruise in november 2015 to go to the caribbean the travel agent showed us the dates and places we were to visit and two places were where we wanted to go we paid in full and left with an itinerary .however a few weeks later after reading the brochure i noticed the cruise we was booked on was going at a different date than she had printed off .I duly called in explaining I couldn't get the dates to tally but the travel agent just laughed it off and said it was because of the flights .Two weeks ago we asked the travel agent if the tickets had arrived and replied yes but they have had to change your itinerary guess what a completely different cruise the ship actually does a week one area and the other week on the sailing we wanted .She is adamant its not her fault but i have phoned the cruise line and they said I have always been booked on this cruise. She is now coming out with all sorts of excuses I would still like to go on the cruise as it sails next week but feel like I have been done somehow as I am not going on the cruise i picked am i in my right to get compensation and if so what would you say to here .sorry it is a bit long winded but need to explain fully thank you

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi I would like to give the travel agent one last go to either give me some compensation or give me my money back am i within my rights ro do this and how would you say it to her
So, in short, she has booked the wrong dates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
as the ship did not sail on those dates when i approached her reply was well I can only print off whats on the screen but it seems strange that when I phoned celebrity cruises they had no knowledge of a date change so I have no idea where she had the dates from .The cruise we wanted runs the week before and the week after ours so she is 7 days out
So did she book the wrong dates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she booked the right dates but the ship did not sail on the itinerary on those dates
Sorry if I am missing the point but why is that down the travel agents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
because in the brochure the the travel date for our cruise was a week later and when i phoned celebrity cruises they said they had not moved any itinerary on that ship so do not no how she came up with the dates given to me
Hello my name is ***** ***** colleague has opted out so I can pick this up for you. Are you saying that you booked the package on the basis that you were advised by the Travel Agent that the dates would work and subsequently it transpires that the cruise that you wanted does not sail on those dates? When are you due to travel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the 26 Feb 2016 thanks
Thanks can you confirm that my understanding is correct, that you were advised by the Travel Agent that the dates would work with the cruise and subsequently this has proved to be incorrect? What do you want to do about the holiday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are so close to the date I really would like to go but feel cheated out of the itinery we should of been on .it also annoyede that she didn't take any notice of me when I voiced my concern when the cruise in the brochure didn't match her itineraries
Is there any cost difference between the two cruises? What is missing from the new itinery that was in the first one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think there is any cost difference but the ship doesn't go any of the places on the cruise we booked
Hi if you booked a holiday package requesting a particular cruise then the Agent is in breach of contract by failing to provide that cruise unless you were specifically told that the cruise was subject to availability or dates. You are also protected by the Package Travel Regulations 1992.It is obviously very disappointing that you cannot now take the cruise you requested. In a breach of contract situation you are entitled to recover your losses so one option would be to request a full refund. As you do not want this given the fact you want a holiday in a few weeks you can tell the Travel agent that you consider this to amount to a breach of the Regulations and ask for compensation. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your reply I will recommend you to my friends
Thanks Stephen, ask them to request me by name, and I do hope you can manage to enjoy your holiday!