How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

FAO Alex Watts. Alex. I have a small piece of land

This answer was rated:

FAO Alex Watts. Hello Alex. I have a small piece of land with stables. I have been approached to allow someone to use the stables and land for grazing. I am not against this but I am concerned about liability. Is there a 'standard' form/contract that I can use to guard against this. Something that does not hold me liable for damage or injury to her or her horse(s). I am not too worried if she or her horses damage anything as the stables and fences are not in great condition. She has used the stables previously (before I purchased them) and knows her stuff horses wise. Does it make a difference if she pays me or not for using the stables/land?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
There is no standard agreement no. You can download licences online, which is what you want it to be. But there is no such thing as a standard agreement, as circumstances may differ. But look online or at a site called Simply Docs, they have many template agreements.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to open this question up again.

Should a horse not owned by me escape onto the road and cause an accident. Is it the property owner (me) or the horse owner who may be held liable?