How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Desperate please, after divorcing, I have found

This answer was rated:

Hi, desperate for advice please, after divorcing, I have found out that my name was never on our 20+ year council tenancy, so am I able to apply for a tenancy transfer or any other way of securing my place on the home? Myself and my ex partner are unfortunately residing here in this property together as we are at a loss to come to an agreement due to there being a vulnerable autistic child in the middle!?
Hi, thanks for your question.
As it is the former matrimonial home and you have rights to occupy the property, you are still able to apply for transfer of tenancy after the Decree Absolute is granted under form D50B.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you