How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Allready have an attachment of earnings where i pay £100 per

Customer Question

allready have an attachment of earnings where i pay £100 per month but have just received a new judgment against me where i have been ordered to pay @
£4855.10 by the 15th feb i cannot afford anywhere near this amount 1 what can i do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What is the nature of the debt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i made a Form 4 complaint against a bailiff an a hearing was ordered . i was also ordered to attend the hearing .upon attending the bailiff's solicitor argued that there was no case . the judge agreed without looking at any evidence althogh an other judge had sent the case for a hearing . i have now been ordered to pay the other sides costs of over £4000
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I originally did not pay the costs but contested them the new demand comes from a cost assessment hearing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What can you afford to pay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
really only the £100 I am already paying .Could perhaps afford another £10 per month
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
You need to make an application for a variation order to pay in instalments. They probably would agree to allow you to pay at £100 a month especially if you have already been doing so without incident.However, it must be done otherwise you will be in breach of the order.I would imagine there will be little resistance.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo