My mother is in a care home at my recent visit a recording

My mother is in a care home at my recent visit a recording device was discovered recording private conversations without my mothers knowledge or my own. Is this legal and if so can it be used under the human rights law if the recording was passed on to another party or is that not legal ? Thanks BD
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is it run by a local authority or council?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Care home is private and is just as shocked as me....I have suspicions of an alienated family member could they use it without permission?
Thanks. It's not against human rights as that is only against a public body. It will be illegal though to record as its against the data protection act. They can't use it without permission.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's great for now just what I wanted to hear....Barrie