How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Im tim I have received a form d11 with my divorce separation

This answer was rated:

hi,im tim I have received a form d11 with my divorce separation petition and I have to amend the address of the respondent not sure which parts I have to fill in
Hi, thanks for your question.
Can you explain the situation a bit more? Are you the petitioner in the divorce?
Is it only the Respondent's address that needs amending and has the divorce petition been issued by the court or just returned to you without issuing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I am the petitioner the courts have returned my divorce/dissolution/{judicial} separation petition to amend with an application notice form d11
But has the petition been issued by the Court? Have you received notice of issue with the petition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the petition has been issued,yes I had received notice of issue with the petion but unfortunately was issued to the wrong address of the respondent as she had moved
Thanks for the confirmation.
In the circumstance you need only write to the court providing the new address for the Respondent and request that a further petition and acknowledgement of service be sent out. You do not need to complete a D11 for this.
In the event that you have provided a copy of the petition to your wife, you can complete an application for deemed service under Form D11 together with a statement in support and a £50 court fee explaining how she was provided with the petition for the Court to approve that she has received the petition.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks, ***** ***** phone the courts in the morning and ask them, I did say to them that she had moved and was sent to the wrong address which is why they sent me all the paperwork...if they refuse and the form needs to be sent back I would like to know what to write in question 3 & 10
If all you are requesting the court to do is issue a further copy of the divorce petition to a new address there is no need for a judge to make such an order. The court staff are able to deal with this themselves and no application is required - therefore the D11 is unnecessary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I did say that when I contacted them, but because the petition has the old address on it they wanted me to amend the details and a further fee to issue it
Thanks - you need to explain to them again that you do not need to amend the petition as the address was correct at the time, but since it has been issued she has moved and all they need to do is re-send it to her at the new address.
If they do not agree, you can ask them to send you a copy of the issued petition and acknowledgement of service for you to serve directly on her and then complete a D11 for deemed service as informed above.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks
Please let me know what the outcome is and if you have any further questions