How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I wanted Is it a crime to work as a temporary staff on 50hours

This answer was rated:

I wanted Is it a crime to work as a temporary staff on 50hours per week and the work place can't give a reference to my housing agent. I have been working there since the past 5 years with good records. I don't have a criminal record, never defaulted in my bills or rent and not indebted. I was born in the UK. The agency Paragon handling the credit checks asked for a guarantor which I provided who works full time in a bank and they want her employer to guarantee that she will pay my rents incase I default which is very frustrating and demoralizing to me. I am a law abiding citizen with good records where I work and lived. I had to move out of my house after four years due to the astronomical increase which I could not afford and told the agency. Why should I now be subjected to this kind of frustration and stress since December 9th when I started processing this issue. Please I need your advice cos the 250 I paid I was told I would forfeit. Thank you. My name is*****
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why do i need to pay again? having paid £47
That's just an additional service if you want a telephone call, which you don't have to accept. Some customers prefer to chat on the phone.
I asked what is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
to get my deposit back if i can't get the apartment since nothing incriminating was found against me and i did not have any credit issues with any organization
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it the housing agent or the agent doing the checks that i write to or both of them
It is the housing agent,
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes would do thanks
Great. Good luck.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you