How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My husband owes money to inland revenue. H has Alzheimers.

Customer Question

my husband owes money to inland revenue. H has Alzheimers. Am I liable for his debts
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear *****, No, you are not liable for your husband's debts to the Inland Revenue. In law, even though you might be married to your husband, you are a separate person to your husband and you don't have any liability for his debts. In law each person is considered a separate entity. This is the situation even if you are married. So you have no liability to the Inland Revenue or anybody else, for the debts of your husband.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.