How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

At around 1.45pm on Sunday I was approached by a council employee

This answer was rated:

At around 1.45pm on Sunday I was approached by a council employee who fined me £80 for dropping a cigarette on the floor. This was in Sainsburys supermarket car park which I believe to be privately owned. Also the council employee had a portable CCTV camera attached to her body but their were no signs at all in the car park saying CCTV was in operation. I spoke to the manager of the store who confirmed the car park was privately owned and he was not aware of any council employee operating in the car park.
Do I have a case to appeal or should I just pay the fine
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You are correct, it is private. Therefore this contravention can only occur with permission of sainaburys. If sainaburys didn't consent they can not fine you. As for body camera there is no need to have this advertised. So you need to know whether they had the consent of sainsbury.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you