How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12174
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can I give my owned by me flat to my two sons to avoid paying

This answer was rated:

Can I give my owned by me flat to my two sons to avoid paying nursing home care charges at a much later date - hopefully - in the future
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not require any further information other than this so I DO NOT NEED ANY MONTHLY CHARGES thankyou . If it has automatically registered me for future please cancel it. again thank you
Thank you for your question.
You can transfer your property to your sons. The sooner the better. If you are taken ill and need care, it would be too late at that stage. The secret is to put as much time between the transfer and your old age as possible. That way they can't challenge it as being depravation of assets.
I hope that helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you