How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a 4-year-old son and 4 months I have a new partner.

Customer Question

I have a 4-year-old son and 4 months I have a new partner. In early January, I received a letter from a lawyer (whom hired my mother with my ex-partner), in which it is written that it has a restraining order against my son, because it showed him that the inappropriate images.
The case has previously been notified by them to the police, which was the same day in our house, they did not find anything untoward in his phone. On the second day we were at the police station to clarify this matter. At the police station we were told us that if they did not find anything on his phone, the case is closed.
The whole story is much longer, but the essence is, and is contained in a letter that I have 14 days to reply. After this period, if you do not answer, it will mean that I agree with the letter and son will don't stay at the same time with my partner. I wanted to find a lawyer who could do something before it will be 14 days, but my mom ''offered me '' that after 6 months, if she will see that '' this is the man for me ', it will change her mind. Because didn't want to involved police, attorneys, orchard, and above all, my son, it seemed to me that this is good '' proposal ''. 14 days has passed (January 14), and I, I realized that nothing has changed. Is there a way out of this situation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist.
From your question it is my understanding that you have separated from the other parent and they are caring for your 4 year old son - is this correct?
I am a bit confused about what order may be in place in respect of your child. Are you aware of any criminal injunctions in place? has the other parent perhaps obtained a non molestation order for themselves and included the child?
Are you currently seeing your child?
has there been any involvement with social services?
Kind Regards