How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A difficult one I'm afraid. I have just found out that my 44

This answer was rated:

A difficult one I'm afraid. I have just found out that my 44 year old brother, has been having, on two occasions, consensual sex with his 24 year old daughter after drinking binges. Her step-mother has found out about it and has contacted the police, who interviewed the daughter a couple of day's ago, and said that if she wanted my brother to be prosecuted for incest, that she would also be prosecuted as she gave her consent. My brother is now being bombarded with messages from various members of the family, telling him to "Turn himself in" what would be your best advice as to what my brother should do next please ? Thank you, ***** *****
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Unless the police have asked him to go in for interview then I wouldn't even think about it. There is no sense in walking into a police station and holding his hands in the air.
If they do want him to go in then it is a classic no comment situation. Unless anybody has witnessed them having sex there is no case to answer. Even if the daughter has admitted it then can't use her evidence unless she is going to give evidence against him or, of course, start alleging rape.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jo for your advice, which is sufficient for the time being
No problem. All the best. Please remember to rate my answer.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you