How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The police have asked me to go to the station as my ex partner

This answer was rated:

The police have asked me to go to the station as my ex partner has accused me of assault. But they said she doesn't want to press charges. I have not done anything wrong. They said I'm not about to be arrested but the interview will be recorded. Should I take a solicitor? The police said the alleged assault took place December 2015
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can ask for a Solicitor yes. They will have the 999 call and if there are injuries may have photographs. Just because a victim does not want to press charges, doesnt mean you can't be charged or convicted.
Depending on the evidence they have you could still be charged without evidence of your ex. But I would hope if there is no support they may not go ahead with it.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think that I should have a solicitor
Would you like me to call you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please