How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partners visa was refused to come back into the

Customer Question

My partners visa was refused for him to come back into the country so we can get married. We have a child together who is now 9 months old... we have appealed the decision but have been told this could take another 12 months to go to court... Do you use any advice on what we could do next to try and get this resolved and him back here so we can start our family life before my daughter is affected and realises her daddy is not around!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear *****, can you better explain the situation. Is your child both British born and a british citizen? What nationality are you ie what passport do you hold? What nationality is the father of the child? On what basis was your partner refused entry to Britain? What type of visa was applied for, when he sought to come into the country? Was he previously deported?