How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have full power of attorney on my fathers money and am

Customer Question

Hi I have full power of attorney on my fathers money and am executer to his will , the money has been going towards his care at home and now in a home. He is now been diagnosed palliative and may not last much longer, do I need to do anything with the rest of the money as some of it I had already tried to invest it but have had mixed results.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstFor Clarity - is th emoney currntly help in bank accounts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have moved some of the money into my account but it was in my fathers account but I had full control of the money with the power of attorney
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You should move the money back into an account in your father's name - it is practise to have it in you rown account and you could face criticism as all actions you take are meant to be in the best financial interests of your father and there is basis on which moving money in this way could be seen as fulfilling that.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details