How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49796
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I missed acourt appointment but it was because I was not informed

Customer Question

I missed acourt appointment but it was because I was not informed and I am also house bound because of falls for over a year I have Parkinsons Disease
Thank you.
M. Malik
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
If you are generally writing to the court then you do not need to use any specific titles like addressing it to the Magistrate or a Judge. It may not even be a judge who reads it. As such you would only be expected to use a generic Dear Sir/madam or To Whom It May Concern. It may sound impersonal to you but you are not addressing it to a specific person and as such it would be the most appropriate address in the circumstances. Also do not worry about this so much, no one would give it a second glance as to to how specifically you had addressed such a letter and it would not change anything.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you