How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49819
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My question is to do with my n-power account as when i tried

Customer Question

my question is to do with my n-power account as when i tried to claim my credit of £2123.71 they have suddenly added 3 bills on 22/01/16 to take it down to £910.88 i wonder if there is anyone who can help me with this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you used their internal complains procedure yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i rang complaints yesterday and have been ringing the company but since then the revised bill came online. how much is this costing as I agreed to £38 but i cannot afford anymore as i am om benifits and i wanted to contact the ombudsman who i thought was free. sorry if i have made a mistake
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
It would just be the fee you were quoted, is that ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. Whilst the Ombudsman is an option, they would not get involved until you have exhausted the provider’s own complaints procedure so you would need to go through that first. I suggest you follow the official process which you can find in detail here: As you can see the first step is to call 0800(###) ###-####or email them via***@******.*** The second step is to contact the Executive Complaints Team via***@******.*** If they cannot help they will send your complaint to the Head of Customer Relations. If they also cannot help and they have made a final decision, you can then go to the Ombudsman by calling 0330(###) ###-#### ***** you make your complaints you should explain exactly what you are unhappy about, specifically why your readings were never taken into account or why they did not send their own meter reader. For electricity meters a supplier is expected to take all reasonable steps to inspect any metering equipment at least once every two years. For gas meters, where they have been the supplier for less than two years the relevant gas transporter will notify them of the date by which an inspection and meter reading must be made. They then have an obligation to read the meter once every year after that initial inspection. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.