How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My wife left the house with our kids while I was at work we

This answer was rated:

My wife left the house with our kids while I was at work we all from South Africa with an a ancestry visa(my wife's)she don't work and cant support the kids what are my rights?there was no adultery or domestic violence yes sometimes arguments
Hi, thanks for your question.
Where has she gone and how old are the children? Is she, or are you pursuing a divorce?
If you were married at the time of the children's birth you have parental responsibility and she needs your consent to relocate the children either within the UK or outside the UK.
Please provide me with the requested information and I will be able to assist you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said they are at a save are 13 and 3years.she said she want to clear her mind.yes we are married the little girl mine and her baby son my stephson but his surname mine as I accept him as my real son both were born in South Africa and webin thebUK forba year know!ourbvisa application stated she the one actually to work but she got a once a week barlady work
She cant support the kids
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And no not as far as I know of that we persuing a divorce
What are her reasons for leaving? What led to this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said we argue to much.sunday we had an argument and she called the police,argument was because I could not found the kids passports as I saw mine was lying on the wardrobe,police was here and took me to my elder sons place where I stay for the night and told my son all oky no domestic violence it's just let wr both cool down!all was fine after that but got home from work today she gone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She and the son fightt mostly then she told me about there fighting and ask me to tallk to him at end of the day its a family argumnt
Does she have family or friends she is staying with?
If you are concerned for the children's wellbeing and wish to instate arrangements for them to live with you/you to be their main carer, you can make an urgent application for a specific issue order for the children to return home and a child arrangement order for the children to be placed in your care. Both these can be applied for under form C100 to your local family court together with a £215 court fee. This can be done on an urgent basis given that she is not providing you with any information and she cannot support the children.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Her sisters stays in London and we actually don't have friends here!she said she alone with the kids but don't want to tell me where.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to return to south Africa but she said she wont go back do I have any rights?although she's not working her sister said she will help her!kids passports needs to be renewed in 4years and what. I understand that she. Can apply for right to stay in the UK after 4years but she cant support them!do I have any rights
Thanks. If you wish to return email nsouthbafrica with the children and she does not agree you would need to submit an application for a specific issue order in relation to the relocation to south Africa. The court will consider all the circumstances of the case and decide what is in the children's best interest. If she is unable to support them then this will not help her case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help
Hope it goes well. Please provide a positive rating of you found my information helpful. I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At this stage can I not afford to pay more money in working for a salary just enough to support my family thanks for the offer where and how do I rate you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You excellent and gave me hope to have my kids back thank you very much.she got info from her sisters that she can take the kids just like that.we have only arguments but unfortunately infront of the kids which are not good at all and to say she mostly the loud one!she love the kids as much as I do but what she did today was not fair or right!since we arrived in the UK we struggle because we didn't know its so expensive and thought she will get a work and therefor we argue because we have to look at the budget all the time!I'm out early mornings to work and returned late then she expects I must playing with kids!all lead to fighting but luckily never turned ugly as in domestic violence why she did this today according to me the info she got from her sisters I think!
Thanks - you should be able to rate my response once you have read it - the website will give you the option.
Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi just to inform you I'm returning to Sa asap I cant afford to fight for kids!she even refused that I say goodbye to kids and thee nowhere I can go for help