How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Am looking advice I am in rent arrears and have

This answer was rated:

Hi am looking for some advice I am in rent arrears and have been taken to court over it and set up a agreement but have faltered on it as my hours at work have fallen so haven't been able to keep up with payments I have applied for housing benefit to help but haven't got a decision yet I have court on Wednesday but I don't think my nerves can take anymore the last time I couldn't come out the toilet I just don't know what to do
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know how much you are in arrears by?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I think it's about 2000 it is a lot of money and they want to evict me I paid 500 today but just don't know what else I can do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry didn't mean to press for phone call
Ok. Would you like me to call to discuss to help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks will I be charged for that I didn't mean to press the button
Ok. How much can you afford a week or month off the arrears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been paying 100 a week but hours at work have fell from about 32 to 20 I contacted citizens advice and the said I should be able to get some help and I would need to pay about 50 a week to my rent or less if my daughter goes and get employment support as she's on DLA for her disability but I have court on Wednesday I just don't think my nerves can take it again
Is the court hearing an application to suspend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know it say incidental application
Ok. You can ask for the judge to suspend the current eviction on the basis you can pay £100 a week. This means the arrears will be paid off very shortly. As such the judge is likely to stop any eviction.
As such the judge can stop the eviction on payment of the arrears over time. Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks
Good luck