How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

While I was at work On the 29th of January, 2016. My husband

Customer Question

While I was at work On the 29th of January, 2016. My husband Rex moved everything out of our home at***** Acton W3 9NZ.
When I tried to get into the property with my keys, I discovered that the locks have been changed. Rex sent me a text message with 'the new address' and told me he has completed the sale of the property.
I explained that I did not give my consent for the property to be sold, reminding him that I did not sign a any document stating that I would vacate the property.
I was extremely upset as it was a Friday night and I could not seek legal advice.
I went to the police station to report the incident, they sent officers to the flat to check on the children and Rex told them that I was aware that the property had been sold.
He served me divorce papers from a solicitor in Nigeria that night. He also admitted that he did not destroy the marriage certificate as he had said earlier but submitted it to the solicitor in Nigeria.
What is my best course of legal action to stop the sale or reverse of the property until the divorce is finalised?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How old are the children and who owned in the property?