How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a 5 year old daughter,i had to get mediation to see

Customer Question

i have a 5 year old daughter,i had to get mediation to see her as the mother is being total heartless person after i left her.i see her for a while and times where great,after my ex meets another man and now see is accusing me of being sick and telling me my daughter has told her that i have been touching her alone in my presence. i have just got a solicitors letter stating the police have been notified and they have had a report from the social services and the mother is going for a court order. no one has contacted me and the last time i saw my daughter she said her mum is being nasty to her and telling her to tell lies and told her she will never see me again and she would not let me see her this christmas saying mediation is not a legel document what can i do to stop this order
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i believe what she is doing is called calumny and i have told the fraud team about a couple of things she is up to and has done
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Have you received any court orders? How old is your daughter?
It is correct that any agreement regarding child arrangements is not an enforceable document but you can rely on it to show what the previous arrangements were.
In the circumstances, if you have not received court documents from her, you should consider pursuing your own application to court. You do not need a solicitor to do this. You need to fill in a form C100 and submit this to your local family court together with a £215 court fee. If your income is low and you have no savings you can apply for fee remission (to not pay the fee, or pay a lower fee) under form EX160. The court will allocate a CAFCASS officer who will ask you about the application, and the past arrangements, as well as the mother and, depending on her age - your daughter. The officer will also carry out background checks on both of you with the police and social services and then make recommendations to the court.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.