How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10973
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I was contacted by solicitors that my grandfather left me £2000.00

This answer was rated:

I was contacted by solicitors that my grandfather left me £2000.00 but I have lost the paperwork what can I do?
1. Dear Alexandra, If you know the name of the solicitors, then you simply get back in touch with them. The paperwork can be reissued and you can claim your inheritance. Alternatively, if you don't know or remember the name of the firm of solicitors, then simply contact the Probate District registry in Leeds and see which firm of solicitors lodged your grandfather's will for probate. This will be the same firm who contacted you about it. All wills become public documents once they are admitted to probate. so you can simply carry out a search in the District Probate Registry under your grandfather's name.
2. Please Rate the Answer, Alexandra, as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you