How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been given a summon to appear in court as a witness.

Customer Question

Hi, I have been given a summon to appear in court as a witness. I have withdrawn my statement a day after I made the alleagation. I am looking for legal advice on how best to respond to the questions I am asked in court. Would you be able to help me with this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello what is the claim for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I made an allegation against my husband that he picked up a knife to assault me
for which he was arrested. I withdrew my allegation the next day but CPS has charged him.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the statement that the police officer took from me when they responded to my 999 call, I also said he tried to hurt me the previous day and put his hands around my throat. He has been charged on these 2 counts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, sorry, am not sure if am doing soemthing wrong. I haven't been getting a response to my question. I would not like to progress with this session. Could you please confirm that I haven't been charged for this session as I haven't received any responses. Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok.So you don't need an answer now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's right. I don't need an answer anymore. Thanks!