How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son lives in Mexico. He is a British nationalist. His partner

Customer Question

My son lives in Mexico. He is a British nationalist. His partner who is a Mexican national and my son are now expecting a baby. He wishes to return to England and has a job to come backto that pays over £18000. He also has savings of over £8500. Is there a problem with bringing his partner over for 6 months and buying private medical insurance for her care during that period??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I meant a British National not Nationalist!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat will happen after six months?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son intends to stay in England and if his spouse has to return to Mexico then he will apply for her to return to England after the birth of their Baby on what ever Visa is needed.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Are they actually married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i'm sorry they are not, did not mean to mislead. But they would get married tomorrow if anything would help
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
There is a very real chance that if the application is made for a visit visa then it will be refused on the basis that the Border Agency will say that there is a chance that she will not leave when theme comes.
It would be wiser for her to apply either for a spouse or a finance visa so that she can stay after the baby is born and not have to return home.
This assumes that her English is good enough to pass the necessary qualifications
More details here
Please ask if you need further details