How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son was on ramand months and then he was found not

Customer Question

my son was on ramand for 17 months and then he was found not guilty by judge and jury how could he not be entitled 2 compensation when his freedom was taking away from him
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
No, I am sorry.
People cannot claim compensation because they were found not guilty. On that basis, I'm afraid, everybody who was acquitted could claim.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality.
Can I clarify anything for you?