How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Madam, I have raised a consumer dispute with NPower,

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir, Madam,
I have raised a consumer dispute with NPower, who supply gas and electricity to my rental property in UK. The property is empty and has been for 12 months (I am in the process of selling it), i.e no gas or electricity is being used. I live in Austria and do not forward mail from the UK property. Both the gas and electricity meters were changed to pre-payment meters in May 2015, as such there should be no gas or electricity bills for the UK property. I contacted them on 22nd October 2015 to ask them to check my billing and contact details and to check if I owed any money on the property for energy bills. They stated I did not owe any money and then they failed to update my contact and billing details. They then proceeded to charge gas as though it were not a pre-payment meter, adding estimates each quarter. I was unaware of these bills as nothing was sent to my Austrian address. I became aware of an "unpaid" bill early January 2016 when I signed a new contract and my contract could not go through because I failed the credit check, due to NPOwer charging me for gas not used. I paid the bill straightaway, even though I do not owe the money and asked for the credit history to be reversed which they said is possible and for the money to be refunded. I work in financial services and am unable to work until the dispute is resolved and my credit history reversed. They are taking too long to resolve the issue, each time I call I am passed from one department to the next and I have no confidence that this will be resolved quickly. Would you be able to help to get this resolved quickly, get my credit history reversed with compensation for loss of income please? I have all sorts of emails, and online chats recorded with NPower which I can happily share with you.
Thanking you in anticipation,
Kind regards,
Hello my name is,Alex and I will help you.
How much was owing please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
829.29 GBP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex
Do you have a number we can chat on?