How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son married a Phillipino lady in the Phillipines about 10

Customer Question

My son married a Phillipino lady in the Phillipines about 10 years ago. They have 2 Chilren
and one Step Daughter. She said recently she wanted a Divorce. She now wants my son
to apply for a Divorce. She has tld him she has commited Adultery. My Son is of limited
ability and only erns a low wage. At present She has left the home and is in one room but
has applied to the Canterbury Council for accommodation for her and 3 children without
success. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Why are the children in her care instead of with your son? Is the property that he is in appropriate for their needs and have they discussed arrangements for the children due to the separation?
In relation to the divorce, he will need to apply for divorce on form D8 which is relatively straightforward. He will need the original marriage certificate to attach and there is a £410 court fee. If his income is low he can apply for fee remission under form EX160 which will consider whether he pays a part fee or if he should not pay a fee, based on his income.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.