How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I currently have a small number of people, usually walking

This answer was rated:

I currently have a small number of people, usually walking dogs , that will insist on trespassing through our property rather than use the public footpath to Letcliffe park, which is nearby.
I might add at this stage that the public footpath is the shorter rout to the park.
There are private signs at each end of our lane also there are clear signs indicating the way to & from the park.
I request the persistent offenders to PLEASE USE THE PUBLIC FOOTPATH,which has no affect with the persons described, the reasonable ones usually then use the public footpath.
When challenged one of the culprits says I DON'T WISH TO GO THAT WAY, & continues as usual. I have told him that i have not much choice but to involve a solicitor to ask him to comply with my wishes, his reply is, WHATEVER.
In the past few years things got out of hand with dog fouling on our property, dog fouling bags being thrown in our garden & hedges, litter being dropped, both oportunistic & planned thefts from my garage & outbuildings so i decided that enough was enough.
One of the reasons for persuing this action is because if the general public see trespassers they think it is OK for them to follow suite ,so i think if an example is made of one of them, word will get about & hopefully deter others.
Do you think that you could help me with this problem?
I have the name & the address of the most persistent offender
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you know who the people are please? Would you be happy to take this to Court?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex,
what i had in mind was to have you send the offender, i have his name & address,a letter asking him to to use the public footpath & that if he continues to trespass to fine him accordingly with an ever increasing amount.I would only consider court action if the course of action, mentioned failed.
Do you have a contact number we can discuss on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The offenders name is*****
Do you want me to call you to discuss?