My AST with my tenant is coming to an end on 20th February

Customer Question

My AST with my tenant is coming to an end on 20th February after 2 years. In the 'cleaning' clause in the contract I have mentioned that he needs to get the carpets professionally washed, all linens and curtains dry cleaned. It is mentioned that he must provide me with receipts for the same. He has duly signed everything. Would a clause such as this be considered illegal in the eyes of the arbitrator at the deposit protection service?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Does it say in the contract it needs to be professionally washed and dry cleaned?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does say so in the contract which he has signed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I do not want to avail of any additional services
Its not illegal. It may be unreasonable, but that does not make it illegal. The tenant signed the condition and agreement. He did not have to but chose to and therefore is bound by it.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: