How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I run a small landscape firm and i have carried out

This answer was rated:

I run a small landscape firm and i have carried out a maintenance on a 12 month basis for a company in Wolverhampton, this was set up with confirmation via email. I have sent in 2 invoices for work carried out, these have been returned without payment with a letter stating that the company has been sold and they have no record of the contract, do I have the any standing to get the invoices paid in this situation.
Thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. what is the value of the invoices please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
each invoice is £400 +VAT so £800+VAT in total
Ok thanks, ***** ***** thing I would suggest is that you check on the Companies House website for basic details about the company including the current registered address. If the company still exists and has a registered office the fact that they have no record of the work is irrelevant as you will have a evidence in your chain of emails that they asked you to do work. You should then send them a letter before action to ask them to pay you the amounts due under the invoices or you will take them to court. If they fail to pay you can raise a small claim at there anything else you would like to know? If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would kindly take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent working on your question. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you