How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband and I have separated , we have not appointed

Customer Question

My husband and I have separated , we have not appointed lawyers yet. I do not work. We have 3 children all living at home with me 19,17,15. We have always had a joint account it is currently funded by daily drawing on a mortgage reserve facility in both our names. His sole account is now funded in the same way. He has transferred his salary to go into his sole account . I can see large amounts of money moving from our morgage reserve account to his sole account .
Can he be forced legally to declare what the funds are being spent on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
As part of financial negotiations he will need to disclose financial documentation, such as bank statements and if it demonstrates that he is spending in an effort to defeat any financial relief claim you have against him then this will be considered financial misconduct. Given that you have separated and there is at least one property you will need to consider a financial settlement which will take into account all assets, income, liability and your needs, his needs and the children's needs. Any agreement you reached will need to be approved by the court to ensure that it is fair for both of you, as well as the children.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.