How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I and my partner are starting a business which will provide

Customer Question

I and my partner are starting a business which will provide driving lessons to under 17year olds on private property. "PrivateDrivingLTD"
The private property is the large car park owned/managed another business: "TheCarParkOwner". They have given permission for this activity on the proviso that there is some sort of indemnity for them from any problems if an accident occurs.
If possible i would like also to have as much protection as legally possible from customers of the service if they have an accident on the car park either a as part of their paid session, or while they are going to / coming form their session (its a large car park and they could walk for 5mins to the section where the lessons are given and I guess might fall over or something in that time).
Therefore I am seeking
-a document to release/indemnify TheCarParkOwner: i imagine this would be a draft letter from myself (as director of the company providing the service)
-Terms and conditions for users of the service. These T&Cs may form part of an online booking procedure ( "please tick the box to acknowledge you accept the t&cs" ) .
-Thus the T&Cs should incldue standard fodder for online bookings: cancellation rules, ...
Information (this is a bit of a brain dump...)
-The service would provide
a) sessions in dual control car with qualified driving instructor (for both under 17s and over provided they meet the insurance criteria)
b) timeslots for parents/whoever to themselves teach using their own car
c) similar timeslots for other driving instructors to use the site to give their own
-TheCarParkOwner will assist us in cordoning off a section of the car park for this service. (I assume that myself as the provider of the sessions will need to ensure the area is suitable for lessons on any given day: clear of obstacles etc)
-TheCarParkOwner has a site speed limit of 10mph which we believe is easy to keep to within this service
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can wai yes but i raised a qeury before because the question wa snot appearing in my account
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I'll report the issue to Customer Support who will look into it for you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
We can't draft the document for you, but I can review one that has been prepared?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which document: the letter on indemnity for the land owner or the T&Cs for ther customers (or both?)
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Both, but that will be an additional service if thats ok?