Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I bought a property in March 2007 and sold it in October

Hi I bought a property in March 2007 and sold it in October 2007. I believe my solicitor sent the confirmation letter to the property I moved out of to say that all liens had been settled to to mortgage lender. I don't have a copy of this letter. I've checked land registry and it says abbey national was on the deed in 2007 (this was my mortgage) and now it's RBS... I believe this is proof that abbey mortgage is paid off? As otherwise abbey national (now Santander) wouldn't let RBS show on the deed? ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also would I need this letter from the solicitor as proof that I sold a property in the future? (When taking out a future mortgage?)... I'm told not, but I wanted a solicitor opinion on this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No need for call , please reply via this email message
Could you confirm what date is showing next to where it says "Charge in favour of Royal Bank of Scotland".
Do you also have a copy of the full deeds- called "Official Copies"?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi date shows as jan 2011 for the RBS purchase. I sold in October 2007. When I type the property address into land registry website it shows the property was bought in March 2007 for 230k and sold in October 2007 for 249k. I have copies of he deeds showing my previous proprietership via scan. And I paid £3 on land registry website to see the new deeds which show new owner and new rbs as lender. Is there a problem with this?
Thanks for your reply.
Well, you have absolutely nothing to worry about-your Mortgage certainly has been paid off and you won't need anything in the future to prove it.
We Solicitors never send to clients evidence that their Mortgage has been paid of, other than a letter confirming completion of the Sale.
All is therefore in order for you.
I hope this clarifies matters.
If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks al. So the transfer of ownership in 2011 wouldn't have been changed to rbs is my abbey mortgage was not 100% paid in full - correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will rate you as soon as I have a reply on this. Many thanks al
Correct- and the fact there is no reference to your Abbey/Santander mortgage on the register now is evidence that it no longer exists!
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fact that RBS now features on the deed means my mortgage is 100% paid in full
It does indeed! You have nothing to worry about.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks al. Much appreciated. Wasn't sure what solicitors send out to confirm payment of liens. But as advised the current deed is clear of Abbey/ Santander so the mortgage is now all cleared. Thanks
No worries- you are safe in the knowledge that your Mortgage has indeed been paid off 100%-otherwise Abbey would not have removed it from the Land Register Register.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks Al. Much appreciated
Cheers!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to mention I was he first proprietor on the lease hold new build property and so my name shows on the deed in the registry. But I have beed advised that remains there as part of the registry history, until the lease is renewed in 155 years... Correct again?...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** "short particulars of the lease" section...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that correct?
As the Lease was granted to you as the first owner, your details should still be showing the Proprietorship Register- this is normal and does NOT mean you are still the owner- it is merely to show the date of the Lease and who the original parties were.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks all clear and very much appreciated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry just realised registered charge date is actually may 2011 to lender Royal bank of Scotland... Im assuming this dines rchabged the matter of fact that my abbey mortgage is all paid off (sorry to ask, I'm a worrier!)
You do need to chill-NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT- the RBS Mortgage is dated after you sold, and your Abbey mortgage is not on the Register so it has been cleared 100%.
Please don't worry.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Aston, im sorry this is the final question i will ask you.. the mortgage i took out was 'interest only' im assuming that regardsless of the type of mortgage i took out, the fact remains the same, that the mortgage (interest and capital) is all paid off as once again Abbey National / Santader name does not feature on the current land registry deed?.. promise, thats my last question.. just want reassurance that i have understood this correctly
You are indeed correct- your Solicitor will have paid off the whole of your Mortgage-otherwise, it would still be showing at the Land Registry.
Kind Regards
Al
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks, ***** ***** my last question.. have a lovely day and many thanks for answering my queries and giving me peace of mind :) all the best, Neeta
Thanks Neeta!
Have a fab day and don't worry!
Best Wishes
Al