Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

There, I am engaged to a man who lives in st. lucia.

Customer Question

hello there, I am engaged to a man who lives in st. lucia. if we were to get married how would he be able to join me? are there any options?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Dear *****antha, can you better explain the situation. Are you a British citizen? What passport do you hold? What passport does your potential fiance in St. Lucia hold? Is you annual income above £18,600? Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello there, yes I am a British citizen and hold a British passport. He holds a ST. Lucian passport. My annual income is above 18,600. I am currently pregnant.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. Firstly, if the child is that of your St Lucian partner, then you can apply for a Family permit for him to join you here in the UK. So long as you can show a subsisting relationship of two years, or an intention to marry and have the child, you can get a family visa for him to come and live and work with you in the UK. It is a pre-requisite of this family visa that your annual income is above £18,600.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. The application fee is £956 and your St Lucian partner will get a decision within 12 weeks. Here is a link to where it sets it out on the UK government website Your partner may apply online here Be aware that almost all these applications are granted once they are genuine.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
4. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.