How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have broken up with a 20 year relationship, not married ,

This answer was rated:

i have broken up with a 20 year relationship, not married , she agreed to move out and is renting a house with our two boys, my partner isnt on the mortgage is in my name only, i placed the house up for sale and i have excepted an offer, i have now received aletter from my partners solicitors asking for some money from the sale, as she has lived in the house in that time she hasnt contrubuted any money in keeping the house, what advice would you give
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the chidlren?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my two boys are 12 years old, i pay £100 pr week, the house has been sold for £290,000, and £62,ooo left on the mortagepeter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
while my partner was living with me she didnt pay for any bills, food, car , holidays, she got about £900 + per month working which she paid her credit cards and some money on the boys.
How much does a cheaper two bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
some could be £170,000 plus
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she also has our car which is in my name, i pay for the up keep, insurance,mot,
I would be happy to cal you tomorrow if you would like
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok that will be fine, i will be at home from 6pm
I will speak to you tomorrow evening then!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't spoken to anyone about my case that has given me any advise , still in the dark.
My apologies there was a problem - I can call in about an hour - will that help?
I have tried to call a couple of times - I will call again tonight
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I have been moving my furniture out of my house all day to day so I could have missed you.
Shall we try tomorrow night?