How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I paid cars "second car" in order to get a parking

Customer Question

I paid for two cars "second car" in order to get a parking permit for one car, the council does not seem to want to give me a refund on the overpayment. Whenever I phone the officer says it is not the council fault. I think the council withholding my overpayment is breaking the law.
I sold my car end December 2015 part exchange for another car. I did not know the council rules. The council seem to be against human rights. According to the council, I have to surrender one parking permit first for the car that I have just sold and then apply for another parking permit for another car that I have just bought. I did not know this. The council system seems complicated and seems to be against human rights because I have not liberty on when I can sell the old car in exchange for a newer car.
I don't know how to get my overpayment back. can I write a letter of complaint saying that they cannot withhold my overpayment?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What is the sum in question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£61.50 second card one car £31.00
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Are you willing to sue then?