How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live in South Africa. A claimant in the UK has instituted

Customer Question

I live in South Africa. A claimant in the UK has instituted proceedings against me in the small claims court. He knows that I live in South Africa, yet he had the proceedings served at an address in the UK. I informed him that this was incorrect, yet had a counter claim form sent to me by email to me in South Africa. How do I bring it to the judge's attention that I have not had proper service? Do I fill in the counter claim form and state that I have not had service of the documents, or can I write to County courts business centre and ask them for proper service?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, yes that is fine. The solicitor must be familiar with litigation in the money claims court. In particular knowledge on how to fill in the correct forms to state my case and the possible consequences thereof in regard to which path I choose to take.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you filed a defence yet? Is there any Judgment against you in the UK? Do you have a UK address?Alex