How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My tenant has erratic payments history with myself ,and after

This answer was rated:

my tenant has erratic payments history with myself ,and after numerous times trying to contacting them by text and voicemail all ignored as to why she has not paid this months rent , and it looks like she doesnt intend to pay .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When did they start the tenancy and how far behind are they please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they began last may , and behind with this months rent for febuary .
Over how many months have they been late?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just this months , but erratic payments and non contactable .
How long was the fixed period of the tenancy? Was it an assured shorthold tenancy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
firstly 6 months then extended to another 12 months which began in november ,the first 6 months were paid in advance may 2015 to nov 2015 then extended in nov 2015 until non 2016
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
assured shorthold tenancy
Ok. If the rent is 2 months or more late then you can serve a Section 8 notice which is a notice of breach. But it has to be 8 weeks or 2 months overdue. If the breach is not fixed within 2 weeks then you can then do the next step which is to seek a Court possession order.But the tenant must still be 8 weeks or 2 months behind on rent. Until this happens there is sadly nothing you can do.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have i been charged for this information
I dont know what plan you are on with Justanswer, you would need to check, I can only see the questions.Can I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no thank you
Good luck and let me know how you get on.AlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you