How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The Father of a man who had asked and received Commercial,Financial

This answer was rated:

The Father of a man who had asked and received Commercial,Financial and general business advice refusing to honour an indemnity given to me and my Company for monies owing by his son or his Limited Company for services rendered to him and his Company ( being VAT returns, Corporation Tax returns, Company Annual Returns and all matters concerning the operation of a Limited company. The Father sat in an office and stated that " he would see me alright for the monies owing by his son and /or his Company" Eventually after the son had removed all the monies in his Company for his and his wife's personal expenses I asked the Father for payment of the monies owing. Eventually in a meeting at the beginning of July 2012 he gave a cheque to me made out to me personally for £3000 and stated that is all you are getting- no more! During July 2013 he approached me again and asked me/my company to carry out further work for his son/company and has persistently refused to pay the balances claimed. What do I do now to get my money under his verbal indemnity given numerous times to me ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not payment you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you