How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Sir Me and my husband separated, we have a mortgage

Customer Question

dear Madam/sir
Me and my husband separated, we have a mortgage free house which is rented out! There is a trust of deed, according that I have 33% husband 67%! I don't want to sell, he wants to! Can he force me to sell it?
dr Olga Esik
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHas there been a final court order made within the Divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, and we are married in Hungary! I have already my British Passport and he is Hungarian! He is living there!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Sorry - just to be clear - you are still married and you live in the UK - and the property is also in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, still married! I live in the uk, husband in Hungary! We are separated!
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Do you intend to divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes! But we married in Hungary
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I understand that - but do you intend to get a divorce here in the Uk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not here, just in hungary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, i do not
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
IN that case then yes using Uk Property law your ex would be able to force a sale of the property The only way that you would have been able to (potentially) prevent this would be as part of the financial side of divorce proceedingsI am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further detailsClare