How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I want to sue a company.but my visa will expire soon,i'm allowed

This answer was rated:

i want to sue a company.but my visa will expire soon,i'm allowed to sue them here?i mean legally,cause i don't want to have bad record on my passport
What is the sum in question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the money i paid for the company is just 650 pounds,but my study plan is totally ruined
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they said my new school will give me a draft cas when i'm in uk,in fact the school won't do it.i feel be cheated by my agency,i signed the contract 4 months ago.but just a few days ago they said they can't issue me the i can't apply new school now
Do you have an address in the UK at which you can receive post?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
flat3,97 gloucester place,W1U 6JH,LONDON
Sorry, I don't need to know what it is. I just need to know that you have it.What will happen when you leave the uK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
coz my agency said many times that my new school will give me the offer so i have withdrawn my current courses from my current school so i can apply the new school and new courses which i want to learn,so my visa curtailed from october to march the 27th,it cause many problems like i have to leave earlier which my flat contract is fixed term to october,and i have to wait until the july to apply new school
OK. So what address in the UK will you be able to use when you leave the UK? Don't give it to me but do you have one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my friend's address,they study here
Ok. This is a small claims court sum so it would be easy enough to sue. You can do so here but you do need a UK address. It doesn't have to be your address as long as post can be served upon you there and you make clear the nature of your address. It wouldn't adversely affect your passport if you did sue. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so it means i can stay here legally when i sue them and after I finished the case I still can apply the school in uk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
eventhough my visa is expired
No, it doesnt improve upon your immigration situationYou can sue from abroad and use your friend's address as correspondence but you cannot stay here to sue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you